New introductions galore
Under the ‘Rewrite the Rules’ theme, Caterpillar will exhibit 64 machines covering a wide range of technology and services at Bauma, along with its German dealer, Zeppelin Baumaschinen. Of these, 20 are new introductions – the highest number of new products Caterpillar has ever introduced at Bauma. The Caterpillar display will occupy more than 9,000sqm in the main indoor exhibit in hall B6.
Prominent in the display are Cat’s new D6 models. The D6 XE is the world’s first high-drive electric drive dozer, offering up to 35% better fuel efficiency than its D6T predecessor and the quick dirt-moving ability of constant power to the ground.
Among wheel loaders, Cat’s 950 GC, 950M, 962M waste handler, 986K and 992K, plus several XE models – the 966M XE, 972M XE and 988K XE – will also be on display. The 988K XE is the company’s first diesel/electric-drive loader, employing a durable switched-reluctance drive motor, generator and inverter, coupled with a mechanical gear box and axles.
In excavators, the new 330 GC, 330 and 336 Next Generation will be on display, along with the 973K track loader and the 325F, 340F UHD (ultra-high-demolition configuration) and 390F excavators. Wheel excavators will be represented with the M314F, M315F, M317F and M318F. Material handler models include the MH3024 and MH3026. Five new Cat Next Generation mini hydraulic excavators will also be on display – the 301.5, 301.6, 301.7 CR, 301.8 and 302 CR. Three new mini excavators will be shown: the 308 CR VAB, 309 CR and 310, all in the 7-10t category. Gauging customer reaction will be a new-concept compact wheel loader, the zero-emission 906, powered by a lithium-ion battery with an electric drivetrain.
A new suite of Cat Connect technologies will also be launched.
MECN is collaborating with Construction Machinery News Middle East magazine to cover Bauma 2019. Look out for our special hot list of equipment as part of our special coverage of the event.
- Case Construction Equipment – a new combined steering system for Case graders – an industry first
- The future is now at Volvo CE’s stand
- Electrifying new launch for Bobcat at Bauma
- A focus on zero-emissions for Wacker Neuson
- Bauma Preview – Cranes
- Powered access equipment
- Minis take centre stage at HCME
- Paving the way forward with Wirtgen
- The digitisation of the industry
- New introductions galore from Caterpillar
- Construction gets cleaner with Scania
- MB-HDS simplifies job-site materials processing d suitable for excavators and loaders up to 35t, says MB Crusher